These booking terms and conditions apply to all confirmed bookings for Hillside Cottage, Cornwall.
For clarification the following definitions apply –
Deposit means a deposit of one third of the holiday accommodation cost at the time of booking.
Holidaymaker means you and each person joining you on holiday on your booking.
The Property means Hillside Cottage, Cornwall.
Us refers to ourselves as owners of Hillside Cottage, Cornwall.
You means the lead person making the booking with us.
Contract & Booking
The booking and contract to occupy property is between you and us.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
The Property is meant to be used for the purpose of a holiday, certain group bookings, including Stag and Hen Dos, are not permitted without our prior permission and are subject to the payment of a good housekeeping deposit.
No booking is valid until confirmed by us in writing (including by email).
Once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed by you unless agreed by us in writing (including by email).
Deposits, Balance Payment and Holiday Insurance
When making a booking you will be required to pay a deposit to secure your booking with the balance payment due 9 weeks before your holiday arrival date.
If you book within 9 weeks of the holiday arrival date you will be required to pay for the holiday in full at the time of booking.
Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless we are able to secure a new booking at the same value for your holiday dates.
We strongly recommend all holidaymakers ensure that they have appropriate Travel Insurance to cover any losses in the event of cancellation. We advise that this is taken out as soon as the booking is confirmed by us.
Cancellation by Us
If we are unable to make the Property available to you for your booking due to unforeseen circumstances then we will arrange a full refund of all amounts that you have paid to us for your holiday. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
If you cancel prior to the holiday arrival date you may be due a partial refund from us depending on the amount of notice you have given us.
If we can secure a new booking to replace yours at the same value and the same dates as your holiday then you will be refunded the full accommodation cost that you have paid.
Otherwise your refund will be calculated as follows –
21 days’ or less notice – no refund due
22-35 days’ notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
36-49 days’ notice – 20% of the total accommodation cost
50-63 days’ notice – 40% of the total accommodation cost
Over 63 days’ notice – your will not be required to pay the balance but your deposit will not be refunded.
You will ensure that you and all holidaymakers will:
- Act responsibly and carefully whilst at the Property, abiding by the Property’s house rules, and leave the Property and it’s contents in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the start of the holiday.
- Report to us any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy as soon as they occur and pay for any damage (fair wear and tear is accepted).
- Not to smoke, use vapes or light candles at the Property or allow anyone else to do so at the Property.
- Not to charge any Electric Vehicle at the Property.
- Not allow more that the maximum number of people (including adults, children and infants) to stay at the Property. All persons staying at the Property must be declared at the time of booking.
- Not allow any pets to stay or enter the Property or it’s gardens.
- At all times comply with any applicable laws and local Government guidance, and ensure that no Holidaymaker do anything which is illegal or may cause damage.
- Ensure that no unreasonable noise, behaviour or disturbance occurs at the Property.
- Not enter the Property before 4.00pm on the date of arrival and will leave before 10am on the date of departure.
- Treat people with respect and not act in a way that is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards us, our team or any member of the community in which the Property is located.
- Secure the Property, including all windows and doors, whenever leaving the Property.
We will be entitled to make a reasonable charge where Holidaymakers have failed to comply with these responsibilities. In serious cases Holidaymakers will be required to leave the Property early without any compensation or refund.
We will ensure that:
- The Property is cleaned and ready for the Holidaymakers by the stated arrival time and date.
- Suitable arrangements are made for you to access the Property.
- We treat all Holidaymakers with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing or harassing towards any Holidaymaker at the Property.
- We or our housekeeper can be easily contacted (at reasonable times) should you have any concerns or queries during your stay.
- The Property complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Adequate liability insurance is in place in respect of the Holidaymakers’ stay.
- All Holidaymakers have exclusive access to the Property for the duration of the holiday (although all Holidaymakers will allow us or any representative of ours to access the Property if reasonably required).
However we will not be responsible, nor liable to you (or any Holidaymakers) for any events outside our reasonable control, such as the breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, building works at adjacent properties, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or other unforeseeable circumstances.
Property Description and Amenities
We have compiled the information on our Website as accurately as possible. We make every effort to ensure that the pricing and availability of the Property is correct. However, mistakes may occur and we reserve the right to rectify errors (including pricing errors) within 5 business days of you making your booking.
Electric vehicles (including cars, bicycles and scooters) – at present we have no facilities to enable the safe charging of these vehicles at the Property. We are happy to supply details of local EV charging stations to those holidaymakers using an Electric car.
Please note that the provision of Wi-Fi is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours a day and is provided for leisure, not business, purposes.
The Property is a period property which has been sympathetically updated for modern living. However, it is well over 100 years old and as such has solid walls in the older part of the Property. It is possible that you may encounter signs of damp, particularly in wet weather or if the Property is not adequately ventilated. For your comfort we have installed a Positive Pressure Ventilation system, bathroom and kitchen extractor fans and dehumidifiers to use during your stay to avoid such issues. Please also bear in mind that some of the beams downstairs may be low for some members of your party. There are also steps from ground level up to the patio and garden area in the back garden so care should be taken and children should be supervised at all times. However, if you have any concerns or queries please talk to us before booking.
Please remember that properties in the country do attract spiders and in turn cobwebs. The spiders are adept at building new cobwebs as soon as we clean them away. Please be tolerant of any countryside sounds and scents you may encounter during your stay, they are unlikely but there is a field behind the Property.
Confirmation should be requested prior to booking if there is any particular detail or facility that is important to you. On booking Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/ photographs on the website and the Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to a Holidaymaker’s standards.
If you have any complaint concerning the Property the matter should be reported to us first at the earliest opportunity. We will do our best to resolve any complaint where possible. It is most important that you raise any complaint whilst you are still at the Property and allow us to rectify it. We are unable to assist you with any complaint raised after your holiday has ended or where you have denied us the opportunity to rectify it.
Limitations of Liabilities and Legal Considerations
The contract to occupy the Property is made on the basis that the Property is to be occupied by the Holidaymakers for a holiday. As per the Housing Act 1988, Schedule 1, paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions.
When booking you acknowledge on behalf of yourself and all Holidaymakers that the occupancy granted by these terms and conditions is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
We accept no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, Holidaymakers or anyone they have invited to the Property. Nor any loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
If either you or we fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions you or we will be liable solely for losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with the applicable terms. Losses are foreseeable where they were contemplated by you and us at the time of making the booking.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or negligence of our team or tradespeople, or for our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English Law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.